Wednesday 2 March 2011

Flash Project Animatic



My animatic for my Flash project. This isn't exactly how I would have wanted, and as you'll read below, I came across a few problems and didn't have the time to rectify them. As you can see I have done the camera shots, a few expressions with the eyes and eyebrows, wing movement and added the dialogue. I would have liked to have added more movement and some different lip synching just to more clearly show what I'm going for, but you'll see this in my animation. The dialogue is me reading from a rough script I wrote. I may make one or two changes but overall that is what will be said in my animation. Obviously for the animation I will have proper voice acting and not me talking in a cheap mic with bad quality haha. I intended from the start to make my animation funny, and hopefully you find it raises one or two slight laughs! I have a stupidly funny sense of humour, so it may just be me who finds it amusing though! There are many animations which are very simple, but what makes them is the story and how it's all put together. And that is the path I am heading towards. :)

UPDATE
I had a few problems with my animatic :( I don't know, maybe I've just over done it lately and made myself overly tired or something, I don't know. Yesterday I literally worked 12 straight hours on projects and stuff so maybe that's it. But I just can't seem to get it to work properly, and I need to hand it in by tonight.

The general jist is that the shots shown in the animatic will be in my final animation, and there will be lip synching and reactions (such as when the one character says "ewwwwwwwwwwwww") using different eye and eyebrow symbols. I will be using camera movement as well, in the beginning (it will focus on the character to the right and zoom out to the whole screen) and at the end (where it will zoom in on them and sort of pass them to focus on the buildings in the backgrounds). There won't be that much body movement with the characters, with mostly just them moving their wings. Most of the time their eyes will be focused on each other, but at the start the character to the right will be looking down. I hope to make up the lack of movement with the animation of the eyes. I also plan to have the clouds slowly move across the sky, just to add that extra detail. And regarding the sound, I will use the same script but with better voice acting and quality, and by further adding background noise (by going into town and recording birds and the wind and passers by, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment