Tuesday 12 October 2010

2D Bowling Ball and Football


My first given 2D project was to animate both a Bowling Ball and a Football falling and showing how they would react to coming into contact with a hard surface. As everyone should know, there would be a major difference between the two, which hopefully I have shown in my animations. Overall, I'm actually not too pleased with them. I could have done a much better job, and wished I had done as well. But unfortunately, I became really ill over the weekend and a couple of the days after, which I had planned to improve them and add or replace some frames. Now I know you may or may not be thinking "thats no excuse", but seriously I could not use my eyes as they were in that much pain, and my head was pounding constantly, and still is as I write this. Not good for an animator! Thus I wasn't able to edit them, and what you see above is in my eyes, an unfinished product. If I had improved them, I would have used the squish and stretch effect more thoroughly, added a few more frames here and there to slow the football down a little, and to animate the bowling ball to roll a lot more. I plan to re-do these animations (or just the one If I can't find the time) and upload them on here, to show what I could have done if I didn't become ill. But all this was a learning process for me, and I enjoyed it very much. I feel both sad and frustrated that I couldn't complete them, but it's something you have to deal with, and I'm just glad I started on this project early.

No comments:

Post a Comment