Tuesday 23 October 2012

The Inn

In any spare time I have found I've been experimenting in Maya, trying to get better at modelling and learning more about the software - as at the end of the day, 3D is what I would like to get into in the future but my skills are nowhere near up to scratch yet.

So basically, as I have stated before, for The Boy and the Beast (still not the final name), I was contemplating whether to have some 3D in the film. But only for the village, and then textured in the same style/palette as the 2D. So it should have a 2D/3D look to it.

So yeah, this would be the Inn for the village. It'd be the biggest building in the village, with most of the other buildings being much smaller in size (similar to the house I made in a previous post). As with that one, this isn't finished. I had a play with the lighting and shadows, and it needs more design elements such as beams and outside objects. But I just thought I'd show what I've done so far.




UPDATE
With beams


I forgot to add the beam on the right side when I rendered this. Ooops.


UPDATE
With small window


 I'm going to carry on with this tomorrow. I plan to add more beams, a chimney, possibly some more windows, and other small details. This would be the main building used, other than the boys house (which will be much smaller and made out of wood) so I need it to be the most detailed. I would also create the interior on a later date, in the production stages, as well as textures and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment