Thursday 25 October 2012

Update on where I'm at at the moment

Today I had a one to one chat with Helen Brunsdon, where I explained the situation I'm in at the moment. I found this very helpful and walked off with a better understanding on what I need to do. Basically she said I should carry on with what I'm doing at the moment, which is to keep on working on my project but also trying to sell myself to other members of the group so if I do decide to drop my idea people will (hopefully) want me to work on their animations.

Now, tomorrow we're having a group brainstorming session tomorrow which I will be attending. This is where we will sit down together and help each other with our animations (such as story ideas, what to do in the storyboards, etc). So I'm going to ask for help on my story and try to get it working. HOPEFULLY by tomorrow evening I will have a definitive descision on what I'm going to do. If I can somehow improve on my story and get an ending then I think I will continue with it, and also work on someone elses animation - but in a minor role. If I can't, then I will stop working on The Boy and the Beast and try to work on 2-3 projects, with one large role and 1-2 minor roles.

Fortunately at the moment there are a few people who are interested in wanting me to work with them. I'm helping Omari with his script, Jayce is interested in wanting my help with his storyboard and script (as well as production stuff such as animation) which I'm very interested in doing, and Lydia is looking for anyone to help her on her animation - so I would work on the 2D animation if I worked on her project. I hope to have a chat tomorrow with people and try and sell myself to them, and see who would be interested in me and try and get projects lined up to work on. But basically I'd like to do animation in Flash or Toonboom, help with scripts, any fairly simple modelling in Maya (such as buildings, interiors) In actual fact I'm very interested in Architecture - designing houses, set designs, stuff like that. My Dad works in the Architect business so that's probably why. But yeah, back to before, any post-production stuff in Premiere Pro or After Effects I'm interested in doing as well. To be honest most things really. Just actual 2D animation is my main goal to do.

Things I need to do for my film:
- Finish the storyboard
- Finish the script
- Finalize characters (turnarounds on boy and creature, draw knights)

No comments:

Post a Comment