Tuesday 27 November 2012

Running test for Mozbie


I have the task of animating Mozbie's run in Candy Island. As Mozbie is dim-witted and oblivious to everything, I wanted to give him a bit of a goofy run. Now, immediately my mind went straight to Edd's walk from Ed, Edd and Eddy. His animation, in my opinion, is the absolute pinacle of a funny run from a dumb character. It literally defies gravity because his legs are in front and his leg and arms are flailing from behind. I really wanted to use a similar animation for Mozbie, but I knew I shouldn't. So I've tried to make something different but still hopefully bizarre, and not your usual run.

As you can hopefully see, I think it looks okay. I think I'm on the right track to get it looking quite stupid - in a good way. I haven't really copied anything from Edd's run, other than maybe his head tilted back. It's a much more upright position. Actually, writing this now, it reminds me of Filch's run in Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire (mainly the legs). Infact, I think I will definitely use this walk as inspiration. It would really suit the character of Mozbie well, but just the arms will need to be more animated.

No comments:

Post a Comment